Saturday 14 May 2011

Jennifer Lopez - Love? Review

The original booty shaker? Who knows. All I knew about her was that her career was as extinct as Xtina's. HOWEVER, this album begs to differ (well about 4 tracks do, the rest aren't exactly "ear candy" to say the least...). Check out my review (@MonsterRobert) of the album! 

01 - On The Floor (Feat. Pitbull)

What words rhymes with floor? Well if I learnt anything from this song is that floor rhymes with well... floor. Okay, that aside, it's a damn catchy song. Shame that Pitbull steals the spot light in this song though. A fair effort by any artist but a superb return considering I was sure that Big Booty JLo was extinct. 7/10
02 - Good Hit

A cracker wee intro but within 10 seconds, I'm bored and as auto tuned as you average Ke$ha single. But a good bridge and an okay chorus. 5/10
03- I'm Into You (Feat. Lil Wayne)

Oh Na Na, what's my name? Emm... It isn't Rihanna, love. Quit with the la's ra's na's and anything similar JLo. The vocals are tired sounding. No passion driving or maybe we can blame the auto tune. 5/10. If you include Lil Wayne's part 3/10. 
(Who the fuck rhymes "I need a parachute" with "I need a wet suit". )

04 - (What Is) Love

What is love? Well I feel like I'm about to be told... This is the albums first major filler track. Boring, unoriginal. I'm not asking for the wheel to be re-invented but at least put a rim on that bloody tire. And she didn't friggen' say what love was. 2/10
05 - Run The World

Is that not Beyoncé's new song? Okay well with all due respect, even Beyoncé's new song is better than this. No more is required but a score. 1/10
06 - Papi

I've heard good things about this song... And I am liking it already. This song would make a cracker if it was faster or she wasn't in it... JUST SAYING. The chorus is grand but I am really struggling to understand anything with that stupid accent. GEDDIT TOGETHER. 6/10
07 - Until It Beats No More

No. Just no. Too Nicole Sherzyuwk or whatever. And let's be honest, nobody want mellow crop we want big anthems and heavy bass; this is boring. Worst song off the album. 1/10
08 - One Love

It sounds like Umbrella. Whether that is a good thing or not? Well, the jury's out. I also hate that Jason Deurolo, JLS snare uses. And the vocals are poor. Very poor. 3/10
09 - Invading My Mind

FINALLY. BASS. This was an accurate example of the Red One - GaGa direction for Judas. It still lacks a bit of harshness from the vocals. But the chorus is feel good, dance shit. We're on the right track baby (see the GaGa connection? I'm on the right..? Never mind. 7/10
10 - Villain

This song reminds me of something. And the vocals remind me of something else..? It makes me think of Get Naked by Brit but still sounds completely different... Hmmm. Crappy song, weak and tepid, like my fathers tea. 3/10 
*NICOLE WHAT'S HER BAKE. That is what it sounds like.* 

11 - Starting Over

Starting over? I can't say I'll be doing that again with this album at this rate of going. This song is pretty wick. But the 30 seconds before the chorus are quite good, however, not long enough to redeem the song. 3/10
12 - Hypnotico

I LIKEY, LIKEY. Like Nicole What's Her Bake (again) and on the floor plus a good synth line. Hip-not-ic-not-ic-oh. The chorus is a bit too playful but those verses are superb. By far the best song on the album by a mile. Like S&M done right? I think so. 9/10



Overall, this gets 4/10. Saved by On The Floor, Invading My Mind and Hypnotico. The rest is a waste of time but once again, who rhymes "I need a parachute" with "I need a wet suit". Stupid lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment